5 reasons to love the cold

Sunday 19 November 2017

Whenever winter is right around the corner, and especially on a cold, rainy day, everyone around me seems to be complaining about the horrible weather. It's such a common opinion that whenever I dare to disagree - or even confess that I actually really love this kind of weather - I get looked at like an alien. I mean, I get it. The cold is not exactly inviting you to go outside. But let's talk about the positive sides of this season, shall we?

5 reasons to love winter

1. Drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows


I've been obsessed with this for the past couples of weeks! Oddly enough, I had never tried it before, but seeing pictures all over the internet has finally pushed me to buy some marshmallows. And let me tell you, I didn't know what I was missing all these years! To compensate for that, I'm probably adding way too many marshmallows now...


2. Netflix days on the couch are actually acceptable


In summer, everyone expects you to go outside and enjoy the nice weather, when all I actually want to do is stay inside, right in front of a ventilator (air conditioning inside your house it not really a thing here in Europe), eat frozen anything and most of all, avoid any movement to keep as cool as possible. While I'm probably a vampire and most people don't feel this way, you have to agree that there's something nice and cosy about staying in without being judged for it, watching Netflix and drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows (just saying...).

5 reasons to love winter

3. Cosy clothes


Okay, it's true, I'm absolutely obsessed with jumpers and will use any excuse to wear one. But it's not just that! Any item of winter clothing is more comfortable than their summer equivalent. I very gladly switch my ballet flats and sandals to boots and sneakers once it gets colder, and the same goes for jackets: winter coats can be soft, furry and comfy, while summer jackets.. well, I wouldn't know, because I would be way too hot if I wore a jacket in the summer!


4. Decorating your place with fairy lights


Nothing makes a room feel more cosy that cushions, blankets and fairy lights. They're such an inexpensive way to decorate your home, but they make a world of a difference. Plus, they add perfect lighting to a comfy Netflix night with marshmallow hot chocolate...😉

5 reasons to love winter



5. The Holiday season and Christmas markets


If Christmas was happening in June, it would definitely not be the same! How could you not love the festive season with it's decorations, treats and family dinners? Aren't Christmas markets and mulled wine the nicest thing ever? Don't you love going gift shopping for family and friends?
I'm not going to lie, I love the pre-Christmas season way more than anything after New Year's. Why won't they leave Christmas markets open until March, anyway?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagram Posts

© random green elephant. Design by FCD.