3 items that I love buying in thrift shops

Sunday 30 July 2017

I love thrift shopping for many reasons. For one, it's always a fun experience in itself, but sometimes it's actually way better than going to "normal" stores. Why? Well, you can find high quality items without straving for the rest of the month, get unique clothes or accessories without having 8 other people on public transport wearing them, and discover things that you wouldn't even find in any other store.

To me, there are particular items that are so much better to buy in thrift stores, and I thought I'd share my little guide with anyone who's interested!




Mom jeans and patterned pants

I've been re-watching Friends lately (well, I honestly never stop watching Friends... anyone else?) and I'm loving their clothing in the first seasons so much! I feel like 90s fashion is having a come-back anyway, but it's not quite the same - for example, I have been wanting to get mom jeans or patterned pants for ages, but they're all so tight in the bottom and I have the calves of an elephant (but not its waist, so I can't size up), so that wasn't happening. I had already accepted my fate and decided to skip this trend, but then I ended up finding my luck in a thrift store.

Please meet my new best friends:

           
Thrift shopping guide: mom jeans and patterned pants
Thrift shopping guide: mom jeans and patterned pants
Thrift shopping guide: mom jeans and patterned pants
Thrift shopping guide: mom jeans and patterned pants



Leather bags

Thift stores are the perfect place to look for cheap, high quality bags. They usually show some wear and might not be in perfect condition, but honestly, that's what gives them a personality, right? And for 5 or 10€, you really can't go wrong!

Thrift shopping guide: leather bags
Thrift shopping guide: leather bagsThrift shopping guide: leather bags

Shirts & Jackets

Chambray or flannel shirts get more comfortable the more you wear them, and the same goes for jean or leather jackets. So buying them from a thrift store makes perfect sense, right? Plus, they often have those really large sleeves that make them even more comfy and cool!

Thrift shopping guide: jackets
Thrift shopping guide: jackets
Thrift shopping guide: jackets
Thrift shopping guide: jackets
Thrift shopping guide: jackets
Thrift shopping guide: jackets
Thrift shopping guide: jackets

Post a Comment

Latest Instagram Posts

© random green elephant. Design by FCD.